It was constructed following the style of old English houses imported in the late 19th century and is common to find in the traditional Patagonian ranches, with a surrounding gallery and large deck on the front. Only 30 meters away, and with the same architectural line, is one of the first houses on the property that was brought by boat directly from England in 1897.
The guest house has 8 comfortable rooms with a private bathroom with bathtub in each, and can be assembled as needed to accommodate individual parties. **Please note, guest requesting double occupancy should indicate their preference for number of beds at time of reservation.
The living room has a varied library of books about the fauna of the Península Valdés, renowned author´s photo books, various publications of scientists who work at the ranch, and a DVD player to watch documentaries including highlights made on the property by film crews as National Geographic, BBC, etc. All meals are served in the dining room, which is adjacent to the living room and is decorated with antique furniture that belonged to the family. The wine bar is located in the dining area.
The operating rooms for our researchers, tour leaders, guides and drivers are located on the west side of the lodge.
* The guest house electricity has wind-powered 12 volt current during the day. In the evenings a diesel generator provides 220 volts and satellite WiFi. Electrical outlets have built in adapters to fit North America and Europe.
– The entire guesthouse is a non-smoking facility.
– Hair dryers are available on request.
– There are no laundry facilities available.