The Lodge was constructed following the style of the old English houses imported in the late 19th century and so common to find in the traditional Patagonian ranches, with a surrounding gallery and large deck on the front. Only 30 meters away, and with the same architectural line, is located one of the first houses on the property that was brought by boat directly from England in 1897.
It has 8 comfortable rooms with a private bathroom with bathtub in each, and can be assembled as needed to accommodate individual parties. The living room has a varied library of books about the fauna of the Península Valdés, renowned author´s photo books, various publications of scientists who work at the ranch, and a DVD player to watch documentaries including highlights made on the property by film crews as National Geographic, BBC, etc. The daily menus are a combination of family recipes along with typical Patagonian dishes which are homemade created with organic ingredients and served in the dining room, which is adjacent to the living room and is decorated with antique furniture that belonged to the family. There is a wine bar located in the dining area. The operating rooms for the researchers, tour leaders, guides or drivers are located on the west side of the lodge.
– The service offered is with full board and the activities included with a minimum stay of two nights.
– The guest house electricity is powered by wind mills and solar panels offering 12 volt during the day. In the evenings a diesel generator provides 220 volts and satellite WiFi (limited access). Electrical outlets have built in adapters to fit North America and Europe.
– Guest requesting double occupancy should indicate their preference for number of beds at time of reservation.
– The entire guesthouse is a non-smoking facility.
– Hair dryers are available on request.
– There are no laundry facilities available.